Monday, October 1, 2007

Ooh La la!! The French Reviera

Back after almost a week.... its been an awesome week... much much better than anticipated.

We got our accomodation arranged by EGIDE (the agency here in France) PS: I love them for the house they gave us.

Its a service apartment with my own Plasma TV, Internet, Bathtub (yes u read right!!) and cooking area complete with Microwave, gas and utensils.... whats more the housekeeping ensures the house is clean and for me when I am back from class...

Last weekend saw us take a trip down south to the Cote d Azur which is known to us all as the French Reviera..... hitting cities of Marsailles, Nice and Cannes plus the country of Monaco!

Marsailles: This is a great city with the hallmark being the Cathedral of Notre Dame which has a huge bronze statue of Mother Mary with baby Jesus perched atop the cathedral which itself is above the city on a hill...

Cannes: It is more than what I expected it to be, extremely classy and coool.. it makes us feel like paupers in the land of the rich... but I was still to see Monaco then...

Monaco: Yes , its the second smalles country after the Vatican... this place takes the cake when it comes to royalty and all things cool and classy.... a beach front lined with golden sand and clear water on one side with casions, hotels and what not on the other....
Visited the royal palace and saw the funny changing of guards ceremony
HOWEVER THE BEST was my visit INSIDE the FERRARI and MASSERATI Workshop there....
yes u read it right the first time, my very first Ferrari showroom and workshop.
The Formula 1 race track was the other high point of the day, cant forget Monaco this lifetime or the next few atleast! Hope to have a yacht there someday ;-)


Nice: I stayed here very little and just the night, but I thought it was a nice (pun intended) city :-)

Am in college now for my first class on services management... its been a good class so far jsust wrote this in the middle of the class

Au revoir!! as they say it here...

No comments: